Reddit is the “front page of the internet“, here you can find information about any available topic on the internet. Everything is available on Reddit.
But there are lots of spammers also who use Reddit for spamming their links and it often leads to breaking the Reddit rules.
In Reddit terms of content, the following things are listed as prohibited:
- Involuntary pornography
- Threats, bullying, harassment
- Encouraging others to bully and harass people
- Suggestive and explicit content involving persons under the age of 18
- Revealing someone’s confidential and personal information
- Using Reddit for monetary transactions and obtaining gifts and services
- Inciting and encouraging violence
- Impersonating others in a deceptive or misleading manner
Pornography, nudity, and profanity are allowed on Reddit but they should be properly marked as NSFW. The user who doesn’t mark these kinds of content will surely get punished by Reddit.
Have you ever found someone breaking the Reddit policy? If yes then this post is going to tell you, how to report a subreddit, user or post to sanitize Reddit content.
Let’s get started…
How To Report A Subreddit, User Or Post?
If you found any content, user or subreddit violating the Reddit terms then always report them to clean the community from the spammers.
It’s quite easy to do, you just need to follow the steps I am going to show to report a subreddit, user and post on Reddit.
How To Report A Subreddit?
Before you make the decision to report a subreddit, ensure that they are actually breaking Reddit’s content policy. This is very important because I am sure you don’t want to waste Reddit’s admins and your time as well.
Check out Reddit’s Content Policy here to ensure that whether the Subreddit violating the terms or not.
Once you’re satisfied and find out that the subreddit is violating the content policy, use this link to get in touch with the Reddit admins.
You will see some options, click on the message the admins.
It will again open some menus asking you “what is your issue?” for which you want to contact the Reddit admins. Click on the “something else” which is placed in the middle position.
After clicking something else, it will again open three options. Select the first option “content breaks Reddit’s rules“.
Now you are at the final stage, where Reddit will ask you which rule the subreddit broke with a list of options to choose from. Choose something that best applies to the violation and follow the other steps to contact the Reddit admins.
Reporting A Subreddit Using Mobile Device
If you prefer using Reddit through a mobile device then here’s how you can report a subreddit through a mobile device:
- Go to Reddit website through your favorite browser installed on Mobile
- Find the contact link or simply go to https://reddit.com/contact
- Click on the “message the admins” option
- Now click on the “something else” option
- Tap on “content breaks Reddit’s rules” option
- You will now see the list of violations, choose something you find most appropriate one
- Choose the “please send us a message” from the list of actions
- Select the subject of your message
- Type your mesage inside the message box
- At the last, hit the “Send” buton
Reporting A Subreddit Using iOS Device
If you are an iOS user then here is how to report a subreddit through an iOS device.
- Open the Reddit app installed on your iOS mobile
- Now go to the subreddit you want to report for violating Reddit’s content policy
- Tap on three dots right of the Subreddit’s name
- Click on the “report”
This is how you can report a subreddit on Reddit.
How To Report A Post On Reddit?
If you want any specific post violating Reddit’s content policy then how you can report that… It’s pretty simple, you get the report option along with all posts published on Reddit, you just need to proceed with that and report any post you found violating Reddit rules.
Here is how you can report a post on Reddit:
You can find the report option just after the post title, as shown in the image above. Also, the same option is available for comments too. You can report any comment you found breaking Reddit’s rules by clicking on report.
How To Report A Private Message On Reddit?
Did you get any spamming messages or something that is not under the Reddit rules? You can report a private message also.
Click on the Envelope icon, just beside your username at the top right corner.
Click on the report link underneath the message you want to report to Reddit admins for violating terms.
Once you’re done with submitting your report, you are good to go. You can also click the user by clicking on “block user” just beside of report link you clicked.
That’s how you can report and block a private message on Reddit.
I hope you found this post helpful if yes then consider sharing it with others to help them.
Here are some other posts you might want to read: