WhatsApp is the best private messaging app worldwide, It has more than 1.5 billion active users. It is available in Android, iPhone and Windows as well.
People use it to chat with their family members and loved ones, WhatsApp Group chat is also a great feature which allows you to create a group and chat with all your friends, Colleagues or classmates.
But sometimes, WhatsApp‘s group conversations can be awfully annoying when you’re dragged into them without your consent. Sometimes people add you in a group in which you are not interested or added forcefully.
It’s happened to me many times that my friend added me to a group which I am not interested in, I left that group but my friend added me again. I didn’t want to block the admin who is my friend. However, this is a way which you can use for avoiding a group but if that admin makes another group member admin then he/she can add you again.
A Stranger adds you in an unknown group, It will reveal your numbers to all other strangers. The issue is more important, in the national elections, political parties used the platform to spread their propaganda.
just got added to this pro-BJP group on WhatsApp by someone I don’t know/isn’t in my contacts list. pic.twitter.com/5cHWJl5pEl
— Abhimanyu Ghoshal (@aghoshal) February 21, 2019
— Safiyya Mansoor (@SafiyyaLM) March 26, 2019
If your privacy is your first priority then this post is going to help you a lot…
How To Stop Others To Add You In Any WhatsApp Group?
Here are the steps you need to follow to stop others to add you in any WhatsApp group.
- Open your WhatsApp and Click on the Three dots on the right top corner then click on Settings.
- Now you can see WhatsApp settings, Go to Account.
3. In the account settings, you can see Privacy, Click on that.
4. All the settings related to your privacy is there, for example, who can see your profile picture, who can see your about and who can see your status etc.
At the bottom, you can see an option called Group click on that.
5. On the next screen, you will be seeing three option for Who can add me to groups.
- Everyone(this stops anyone from adding you to a group without an invitation)
- My Contacts(only your contacts can add you to a group without an invitation)
- Nobody(Anyone can add you to a group without an invitation)
Note: Admin of any group will have the option to send you an invitation link instead of adding you in a group. But in this way, you will have the option to accept or reject the invitation.
I hope you liked this post and found this trick useful for you then must show some love by sharing this on social media.
Having any thoughts and query then must leave in comments below…